Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
1,143 Posts
This format sucks. I don't get it at all. I want to just look at posts that pertain to my truck and I want to look at the latest posts first. If I need to do a deeper dive or do not see what I am looking for then there is always the search. I am not sure this forum is worth putting up with in this format. I used to be on here all the time and then got away from diesels for a while. Now I am back with an 18 F250 and thought I would check in again. As It is I am not sure it is worth my time.
Let me help you out.
When you land on the Powerstroke.org homepage, look to the top right hand corner for the "Full Forum Listing" button. Click it.

Here's a pic, I made it yellow.

When it opens scroll down until you find the forums you are interested in. When you find it, click it to open it. Once you've opened the forum, look in the top right hand corner for the "Follow Forum" button. Click it. Repeat this for every forum that you want to quickly access.

Now you're all setup. Whenever you open powerstroke.org all you have to do is click the "Forums" icon in the top right corner.

When you click the "Forums" button, it will bring up the list of forums that you selected earlier, and it will put them at the top so they are the first thing you see.

So there you go. Take a couple minutes and follow these steps and with one click you'll be right where you want to, which is even easier than before. Or don't, I don't care.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you click the New bubble up in the right hand corner by your profile deal it will bring up all the newest threads since you have been on regardless of section. It's my favorite feature.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
I'll admit this took some getting used to, are you using a computer browser, cell phone, or tapatalk?

As for your question, I'll pass that to @AG Jeff
Computer or Phone but I use the full version on my phone, I never liked the mobile version of any forums I am on.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
If you click the New bubble up in the right hand corner by your profile deal it will bring up all the newest threads since you have been on regardless of section. It's my favorite feature.
You could do that before if you clicked on active topics, and it was much quicker to tell which section the thread was in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'd like to make a suggestion based solely upon the way I use and enjoy the forum. Not everyone will experience what I do, but the change I envision shouldn't affect anyones enjoyment.

I am a 99-2004 7.3 owner and forum user. Period. I never go to any other part of the forum. My log-on opens 99-04 7.3 GENERAL. I look at the date of recent posts on the threads in General,, and if there is nothing new or interesting, I log off.
I almost NEVER open "powerstroke problems", or any of the sub-forum "engine, transmission, drivetrain". I have a metered, fairly slow data connection via my cell phone service for my laptop. I do not have a smart phone. It takes additional clicks and time to open sub-forums. I usually never do it. When I do look, there are frequently threads and questions I could participate in (adding to traffic and interest), but I seldom look so I don't participate in them.

Traffic on here for all the various years and most of the individual "rooms" is really light. An "active" room may have 2 posts per day. Many rooms go months without new activity. Consolodate the menu structure. At least eliminate the sub-forums. Put "general" "problems", "engine", "transmission", "drivetrain", all on the 99-04 7.3 Home Page. Eliminate all the clicking around. Make it possible to see new posts on the SAME PAGE, not 3 clicks deep.

Instigating this proposal may increase traffic, as more threads and posts would be visible to more users like myself who currently don't go to sub-levels, so we don't see the threads with new content that may be of interest to us. Make it easier. Eliminate the sub levels. The low traffic here doesn't support or require the segregation of so many levels and rooms. All-in-one would still only be a handfull of new posts per day. Put them all on one page.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I sent a PM to an ADMIN that is active in the 7.3 Rooms that knows me, requesting to have my two accounts merged. Didn't even get the courtesy of a reply, one way or the other. Crickets.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Yep....that's AG for ya. Sorry it's becoming the norm here.

·
Administrator
2,586 Posts
Heya all,

We have some new features coming out in 2021 to help act on some of the pain points that you guys have mentioned. This is not the forum's final form.

You can also find tutorials and answer to many questions here in our FAQ:

Jeff M

21 - 29 of 29 Posts