Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the forum board for my 2016 Super Duty bookmarked and checked it often. That link no longer works and it appears there is not a single link anymore for my truck. I have never been a fan of 1 sizes fits all... FWIW.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I mainly use a PC and am struggling with the site as well -- I have used the phone version previously and struggled with that, so maybe I will test the "new" version on the phone again -- possibly where one would see improvement, but for PC use -- the site slid backwards pretty far

·
Premium Member
8,691 Posts
I agree, not any kind of Improvement for me either...

BUT,,,, it's like complaining about the Weather, they're NOT Ever going Back so let's find a way to live with it ;)

What's made it easier for me is, Everytime I Leave, I click on that "NEW" bubble (Upr Rt), and on the right - next to the Filters - click "Mark All Read". When you Return next time it makes things easier to see what's been updated since you left. Still a lot of scrolling past stuff you don't care about, but it's quickly obvious if it's worth looking into the things you Are...

·
Drunk Post Extraordinair
1,143 Posts
I haven’t tried it on the desktop yet, but the new Mobil version gets a thumbs up from me. The “Enhanced mobile version” before wouldn’t work for me. It would just crash. This one is working so I’m all for it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I find this new format difficult on computer as well. One major gripe stands out aside from the feel of having to scroll more to read the same amount of content. I cannot find a way to view all the forums and subforums within a given Engine/Year Range. I think any constructive comments/requests/complaints belong on this thread, We Are Live! - Community Feedback as the admin promises to be watching it. I will post there shortly.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
237 Posts
First ever double post... coincidence?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
new format sucks....most of the time "newer is not always better"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Happy to be old fashion.
Love my old 7.3 easy to work on reliable. Kinda like the old format easy to use easy to find info and easy to post. Sence the up grade I have trouble finding my favorite topics and when I do find it I have to start at the top and scroll all the way to the bottom to find the latest post. And have not had any luck posting pictures. Longing for the good old days cause I’m happy to be old fashion. How do I put new post at the top of page? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am also resistant to change. Gets harder to change as I get older. Understanding that, it does seem harder to navigate this format. Doesn't seem like a good change. Sure we will get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
I have tried to get used to it but the new format on this forum is terrible, This used to be my favorite forum, but now I am not on here nearly as much as I was before due to the way the new layout is, I find it more frustrating to navigate and browse through topics quiclky like on many other forums, are we getting another redesign soon? It worked great the way it was before.

Reactions: nine9six

·
Administrator
22,480 Posts
I'll admit this took some getting used to, are you using a computer browser, cell phone, or tapatalk?

As for your question, I'll pass that to @AG Jeff

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Personally, I like this newer version a lot. I’m a bit on the older side of life so change doesn’t come as easy as it once did, but other than a few awkward days, it’s been a breeze. I’m sure it was a tough decision for the admin folks but one that ultimately had to be made, regardless of the fallout.

·
Registered
736 Posts
For starting new threads I think it is a bit more difficult to navigate but outside of that I really like the new one now that I'm adjusted to it. I personally like the "New" button for pulling up the active threads.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
It's all about portable devices....not laptops or desktops.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It's all about portable devices....not laptops or desktops.
Which is funny because even on my phone I choose the desktop version of all websites. I can not stand the mobile versions. Banking apps and things of that nature are usually fine. But when it comes to forums, I've never seen one come close to getting the mobile version "right".

·
Registered
2018 Ford F250
59 Posts
I haven't been on Power Stroke for a long time. I have recently been trying to look at it, but it makes no sense to me. I want to see what people are posting now not have a bunch of posts that are two to three years old. I don't get it and may chose to find another source. If there is one. Why isn't is what has been posted last is the first thing you see like most other forums?

·
Registered
2018 Ford F250
59 Posts
This format sucks. I don't get it at all. I want to just look at posts that pertain to my truck and I want to look at the latest posts first. If I need to do a deeper dive or do not see what I am looking for then there is always the search. I am not sure this forum is worth putting up with in this format. I used to be on here all the time and then got away from diesels for a while. Now I am back with an 18 F250 and thought I would check in again. As It is I am not sure it is worth my time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts