Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed some fog lights since the ones that came with it didn't work. The fog light mounts were originally mounted underneath the bumper, but my bro in law bought me these that are way too large to mount under the bumper. So what do you think? I think they look a little old manish...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Why not buy some a tad bit smaller and mount them inside of the bumper? Make it look newer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^ I agree ib the bumper looks alot better

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not buy some a tad bit smaller and mount them inside of the bumper? Make it look newer.
You mean like right above the license plate? Yeah I could but these are Hella brand and really nice. Plus they were a gift, I would feel guilty selling them and just buying new ones. So you think they make the truck look a little older then?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wouldn't mind them on there at all. Get a brush guard and put them on that. They should be really handy, especially if you have any real fog like we do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't mind them on there at all. Get a brush guard and put them on that. They should be really handy, especially if you have any real fog like we do.
Yeah I thought about getting a brush guard and mounting them on there but did have the $$ at that time. Plus now I have holes in my bumper... :( I guess I could always patch the holes...

·
Registered
177 Posts
get custom with it and see if some one or yourself can pop round holes or something and inset them in the bumper, ive seen people cut holes and cut an thin piece of tube at an angle and weld it up with the light in it and it looks great
but ive always liked the look of lights on the bumper. i want a ranch hand so thats why its not on mine lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think they look ok. Nice clean looking truck from the pic.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think it looks great! Truck is sharp!

·
Administrator
30,481 Posts
if those are glass ??they would be broken in no time on my truck

but you called it "Old Manish "

nice truck

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Get a billet grill and mount them behind. I think that looks good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My PIAA"s are probably "ol manish" but what's nice about this style is they are combo driving / fog. They are square which basically matches the slotted grill design. Your lamps are probably a little big for a bumper mount and agree they would probably look better on a Grill Guard.
btw, nice truck looks very clean.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
who cares if they look old manish...its your truck. If you like them, keep 'em.

I would keep 'em....

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I mounted a par behind the grill in mine several years ago,I have since pulled them out when I pulled my Rad for cleaning.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I guess my truck is "Old man-ish" then :hehe:

Put covers on them the protect them when they're not in use, and everybody will think you're a Baja racer.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I like that ,very clean .

·
Registered
24 Posts
From an old mans point of view, they look fine.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
I guess my truck is "Old man-ish" then :hehe:

Naw Bill, what makes yours look "old man-ish" is the block heater plug hanging for the hood so you don't have to bend over to plug it in. :laugh:

J/K

1 - 20 of 24 Posts