Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having the typical slow/no start with white smoke problem which I thought would be cured after changing out my bad FICM but only a day later I still have the same issue. I am thinking that I have an injector leaking down but I need a way to test for it before I rip things apart. It is so hit or miss when it does it that leaving it with my diesel mechanic (former Ford tech) hasn't led to a problem when he has it. Any other suggestions as to what it could be? We are getting really close to winter here and I can't have this going on when we start hitting -30 or lower. I should also mention that there has been no coolant loss and the EGR is deleted, ICP values are fine as are battery and FICM voltages. Is there any way to determine which injector is buggered with a Scangauge II?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that fuel pressure is good - 65psi at idle with blue spring. Runs awesome when warm and has loads of power with my ID tow tune and Atlas 40.:thumb: Haven't been brave enough to load my Xtreme Street for fear of my tires running away from the truck. LOL.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I had another no start issue today and made sure that I was watching ICP. Normally while cranking, I see 650-750psi when it starts properly. Today, while cranking it over for about 10-15 secs before it started, ICP was reading around 1550psi.:doh: I suspect that I have an intermittently bad ICP sensor which is causing the high psi readings. ICV is between 0.8-1.0v and IPR is right around 24.4 at idle which is in the normal range.

Does ICP seem like the proper thing to try changing based on this info?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If you have an 03' , the icp and/or the pigtail are prone to failure.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts