Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got my 2nd FICM sorted out from Ed (ficmrepair.com) and just got it installed but now it won't start at all. All the FICM voltages are good but it isn't firing the injectors as evidence of no smoke coming from the tailpipe after 10-15 seconds of cranking. Anybody have some suggestions so I can get to work in the morning? A cell number for Ed would also be helpful. Somebody please give me some direction. Truck was running fine as I just put on 200mi this morning coming back from camping and now that I changed the FICM I'm hooped.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Did you pull the codes? It sounds like you didnt get the plugs all the way on your ficm. What is your icp reading? You might want to have your batteries load tested, I mean pull them out and carry them to a parts store and have them lose tested. Could be weak batteries? You have to have 12v during cranking and running. Cranking with weak batteries will take out your ficm. Keep us posted

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Did you pull the codes? It sounds like you didnt get the plugs all the way on your ficm. What is your icp reading? You might want to have your batteries load tested, I mean pull them out and carry them to a parts store and have them lose tested. Could be weak batteries? You have to have 12v during cranking and running. Cranking with weak batteries will take out your ficm. Keep us posted
Spell check got me not lose tested, load tested.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you pull the codes? It sounds like you didnt get the plugs all the way on your ficm. What is your icp reading? You might want to have your batteries load tested, I mean pull them out and carry them to a parts store and have them load tested. Could be weak batteries? You have to have 12v during cranking and running. Cranking with weak batteries will take out your ficm. Keep us posted
Batteries new, no codes, plugs all the way in. I just put my stock weak *** FICM back in the truck and it started right up.:dunno: Kind of sucks because this is the 2nd FICM I have received from Ed with a problem. Been back and forth for six weeks since I first placed my initial order. I am leaving for a week of camping this Friday and was REALLY wanting this fixed before I leave so I don't get stranded out in the back country if my FICM finally gives it up for good. Just my friggin luck.:banging:

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Look for bent pins in the ficm connectors on the ficm it's self. I've done it before. Did you hear each connector snap in?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for bent pins in the ficm connectors on the ficm it's self. I've done it before. Did you hear each connector snap in?
No bent pins and of the three connectors only one still has fully functional clips. Somebody has broken them previously - I'm betting the dealership I bought it from judging by some of the other issues I've come across since I've owned it. I even removed it and reinstalled it before putting the stock one back in thinking that I may have not got a connector in right. I have made sure that they are in as far as they can go which is why it fired up with my stock FICM reinstalled.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Then yeah I would have to say that you got a bad ficm.

If you have a way to monitor sync and ficm sync when you crank it they should both change from no to yes when you crank it. I know that the aftermarket scanners use different terms for the no and yes, but I don't know what they are. But it should change and they should match when you crank it. If you have sync but not ficm sync then I would definitely say that your ficm is a dud.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got word from Ed that they had a problem with their PHP FICM tuner and a couple units went out that somehow the module got scrambled. They have a replacement enroute but I don't think I'll see it before I'm supposed to leave. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts