Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

"New" F350

4K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  SparkyF250 
#1 ·
Went and picked up my 91 today. I'm glad it's for my son, I'll stick with my Super Duty :)
Sucker runs good even if it does ride like crap :thumb:

See less See more
Reactions: MikeI
#2 ·
time for the kid to learn how to a reverse shackle kit!

my son picked up a 61 F100. im trying to con him into dropping an IDI in it.
but he wants the engine for free, WTF! LOL

Reactions: SparkyF250
#3 ·
Yep a reverse shackle kit is going on the list.

An IDI in that 61 would be an interesting build. If you talk him into it (or get him to buy the motor) post some pics of the build. :thumb:

#4 ·
Changed the oil and fuel filter. My hands will be stained black for a couple days. I ended up having to fill the new filter with red farm fuel cause I didn't want to pour the crap out of the old fuel filter into the new one. I used to run red fuel in my 6.9s all the time so I didn't figure it'd be a problem.
The PO wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, While I was under there I noticed he only had 2 corners of the flatbed bolted down. The left front is tough cause there's no room to drop a bolt between the fuel tank & frame but the right rear corner should have had a u bolt on it. And he has the straight pipe exhaust dumped right where the muffler would be, he didn't even turn it out in front of the tires, just turned it down and dumped it. My kid isn't happy but I told him it's getting a muffler and maybe a tail pipe taking it out behind the rear wheels. Old cab sound proofing technology isn't very good compared to newer trucks and that sucker is so loud you may as well forget the radio. I'm glad I've got two years before he's driving anything, I just have to have it ready to work if I need it when my SDs are parked out of Ohio's winter salt bath.
Oh and the Eby aluminum bed doesn't have the rear drop on it, so no bumper. I found a Curt class V on fleabay for about $200 and I figure I'll get some 4" square tubing and build a drop down from the frame and around the hitch to act a a bumper. I've been checking different flatbeds out at the county fair this week so I'm pretty sure I know how I'll build it. Here's a pic showing the back the way it is now :doh:

Attachments

#5 ·
wheres the engine pics??

the absolute best muffler out there is a turbo :D

I also lined the entire truck in AC duct insulation
came in rolls of 3' x 15' made it a lot nicer to drive.

#6 ·
If I come across a turbo setup for a reasonable price I may consider it. I do want to do some soundproofing, and I still want to get some kind of muffler on it to knock back some of the drone. Probably do a reverse shackle kit up front too.
If I get a chance tomorrow I get a pic of the engine compartment, nothing special, it's just a stock 7.3 IDI. (It does have a new shiny white fuel filter on it now though)

Reactions: h0trod
#7 ·
Pulled the front calipers off today to clean up & lube the slides, right side was dragging a little. Oh and I put a set of Toyo ATs on it a couple weeks ago too, the slicks that came on it weren't up to winter use :bluewink:

No "What did you do to your IDI" thread, seems like the only ones doing anything is @h0trod and me :)

#8 ·
Pulled the front calipers off today to clean up & lube the slides, right side was dragging a little. Oh and I put a set of Toyo ATs on it a couple weeks ago too, the slicks that came on it weren't up to winter use :bluewink:

No "What did you do to your IDI" thread, seems like the only ones doing anything is @h0trod and me :)
Why don't you start one? At least you would have a place for you and @h0trod to talk about IDI stuff.:poke

#12 ·
mmmmmm AR builds!!!
6 ejection ports and only 1 forward assist??? LOL
i get to play with my freshly built 300 AAC and my 16" AR10.
but a nikon scope on my 10 lastnight, almost time to plink!!!

wanted to buy 2 7.5"er 300's for christmas, but i think im getting a boat when i get home next week.

internet access is limited due to 1.5 yr old twins in a unbabyproof house... this is supposed to be a mini vacation, but its mentally taking its toll on me.

#13 ·
6 ejection ports, at least 2 mag wells, or maybe put 6 complete ARs on a ring and make a Gatling gun....>:)

#14 ·
my pew pew senses picked up on some IDI and Bang sticks talk going on in here... :look:

love the truck Sparky! I wouldn't mind having an IDI for a hunting truck but I still need to make it down to H0trods and see if he can convert my SuperPooty cab into a 4dr or 6dr lol!

there was an ats or banks turbo kit for an IDI on craigslist here a while back, but Id imagine shipping might be a dime or two haha.

#15 ·
Yeah my youngest will be 14 in Feb, so we have 2 years to get it nice. He doesn't know it but I'll take his working on it off the price. I won't straight out give him a truck but he can work for it. :nod:

#16 ·
perfect first rig!

my first was a grey 77 2wd Toyota with lime green exterior. paid $325 and put a clutch in it. My Dads friend still drives that sob lol... I do remember getting into 4x4s after that though. there is only so much studded tires and some firewood in the back can do for a 2wd in the winter.

I'll try to find pictures but I doubt they exist, I wasn't the proudest owner but she got me to school every single time.

#17 ·
Shhh... don't tell the others that you are talking about guns and trucks in the same section.:look: Although, I think y'all have the perfect hiding spot here in the IDI section.:D:beer:

#18 ·
had an issue with my FA10 yesterday, am I in the correct spot? LOL

#19 ·
You're in the wrong state if you need that to sell/trade/buy a firearm :haha:

Reactions: h0trod
#22 · (Edited)
getting rid of firearms should be a revoke of your man card :D
outfit them, grease them, burry them, done.
I wont buy a complete semi auto rifle no more.
bolt action, on the other hand.....>:)

#23 ·
I must agree, although I may have given one or two (or more) to my sons. But my oldest boy got me a Kimber Micro 9 for my birthday. It's supposed to be a surprise but I made him a deal. He needed new tires for his truck and I needed a new Kimber >:)
What I really need now is a bigger safe

#25 ·
Put 8 new glow plugs and a new controller in it today. This thing is so much easier to work on than my powerstrokes. You don't have to take a bunch of stuff off just to find the engine. :) Started pretty good when I was done, better test will be later this week when it gets down in the teens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.