Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, new 4" exhaust is in, any thing i need to watch out for on the install?
Looks pretty straight forward. One thing i didn't understand was, Its a 4" turbo back stainless steel right, the clamps are s.s. but the nuts for the clamps aren't??? any thoughts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EXHAUST

OH YEA 1999 PSD 7.3 5.5 LIFT 4 DR LONG A$$ BED JUST PLAIN LONG

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
OH YEA 1999 PSD 7.3 5.5 LIFT 4 DR LONG A$$ BED JUST PLAIN LONG
OK the easiest way is start at the tailpipe and work your way forward get a SAWSALL and cut in sections if your not wanting to save it and make the last cut at the bottom of the Downpipe and remove the hardest part is getting that 4 inch DP up in there once you get that its a breeze get a buddy to help and extra set of hands makes it go much faster

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EXHAUST

Yea that's what i was thinkin. (DP) how is getting the old down pipe off? I was thinkin that would be a struggle. but my clamp looks good on the turbo side of things. is there any thing on the turbo i need to becareful of? like a gasket???? I was thinkin down pipe first but i can see how starting from the back might be something to look at thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
There is no gasket just the v band clamp on the turbo. You may have to wiggle the pipe around or pry on it a little cause they are usually stuck on the turbo.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EXHAUST

SOUNDS PRETTY straight forward thanks for the help i hope to have time to do this, this coming weekend,
Thanks again

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I and some buddys just installed a 4" turbo back on my truck. The hardest part was getting the v-clamp loose. after that, the down pipe just fell off. :nod: Made 2 cuts in the old exhaust and pulled her out. One cut at the bottom of the down pipe and one just aft of the muffler. And yes, someone to hold the new downpipe up while another puts the clamp back on is very useful! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts