Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at work we have a 2011 ford with 125,000 miles bone stock, lots of highway miles. Just had the turbo replaced by Ford, it was smoking white and eating oil.. Here is where the fun starts. Got the truck back and after one day another check engine light, they said knock sensor, I said change it, they called back and now they say I need a whole new exhaust system tot the tune of 3400$ can I just try to run it to "clean" it out, and knowledge will be appreciated.. They say it is because it is coated with oil, has anyone ever hot tanked or cleaned these things?.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Since the warranty is gone, could you spend half that and do a full delete? Not sure if that is a possibility for you, but it would definitely fix your issue and save money.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
it seems to be a company truck that isnt his so they prolly wont tune it. I dont know if it will clean it self out or not though. i would say find a used one that someone deleted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys! Ya I live in Kalifornia so I can't delete it, but buying a used deleted system would be great! I am going to try to clean it first though. It is a company truck.

·
Registered
367 Posts
not sure about these little engines, but the industrial Cummins and Cats can be removed and cleaned. You might contact Tenneco or your local Cat or Cummins truck center...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts