Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve been a long time PSD and Excursion admirer. I’ve seriously wanted an Ex for a little over 2 years, but never really made the plunge. Once I started looking, there were none to be had in my area. If I found an Ex, it would be 2wd and diesel or 4wd and gas. This past Sunday, my wife and I were helping her uncle find a pickup and we were referred to a used car lot that had something for him. As we pulled in, I noticed an Ex but didn’t say anything to my wife because I’ve become so jaded looking for one. She tells me “there’s an excursion, I wonder if it’s a 4wd diesel.” I told her it was 4wd, but with my luck it would be gas. So we went on to look at a pickup and while I was talking to the salesman about the pickup, my wife asks if it was diesel, to my surprise it was. I think she saw the look on my face because she then asked him to get the keys so she can see inside. I forgot all about the pickup we were there for, but she redirected me to it, and made me take it for a test drive. I took it the pickup about a block and came back because I wanted to see the Ex. As soon as I pulled in, she told me to take it to her uncle. I was frustrated like a little kid at the gates of Disneyland inline hearing that we had to go back to the car because we left the tickets in the glove compartment. So I jumped in and drove to him. Lo and behold the truck runs out of gas at her uncle. At that point I was just an anxious ball. I called the guy to come and help me, then I had an brainstorm. I had him drive the Ex with my wife in it. When they got there, I asked how she liked it, and she had a look on her face like “we NEED this.” I was in disbelief. The very person who had been poo-pooing on my Ex dreams did a 180. So, long story short, we went back and bought it. I am soooo happy now I love this thing. The only thing I’m a little leery of is that it’s an 03 6.0 and I’ve read quite a few stories about bad ones. So I’m hear to learn how to preserve, diagnose, oh yeah and get some more power and mileage too. Luckily its not my daily driver, I’ve been confined to my 01 neon beater as the DD. But I get the Ex on Fridays and when it gets too hot (neon’s a/c is broken). Being in California’s central valley, we frequently have temperatures over 100 = )

Shelton

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
well, glad you finally got what you wanted after all that! and kudos to the wife for comin around!!:woot: Check out all the forums on the 6.0 and you can find out an abundance of info. Also, you might get lucky and all the bugs are already worked out of the the Ex! :ORG welcome:

·
assistant director
1,053 Posts
:)welcome have an oasis report run on it to see what has been done to it under warranty

·
Premium Member
9,087 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
:ORG welcome::ORG welcome::ORG welcome:

Took awhile for us to find our Ex also. Sure love the rig though! it was worth the wait.

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Welcome to the org. Sounds pretty similar to what I went through. I wanted an ex since they first started making them, but always wanted diesel. never found the right buy. Ended up with a few other cars along the way, (2000 jag s-type, 99 F-350 ext cab dually, with a *cough* 5.4, a few low money cars in the mix.) till I finally found what I was looking for, in the price range I wanted it.

Once it's paid for, and modded enough, I'll look for a super cat, or a town car. Probably town car, cause once I get the super cat and my ex, I wont have anything else to strive for.

·
Registered
224 Posts
:icon_ford: Welcome and congrats! :)

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
:welcome1: Welcome to the ORG.!

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,315 Posts

·
allergic to hot weather
1,197 Posts
:welcome1: :welcome1: :ORG welcome:
you will get addicted to this site so be careful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.