Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mechanic says i have no compression in the #7 injector! Burnt a hole in the piston, truck smokes alot of blueish-white smoke at idle and acceleration! Mechanic says it is most likely from overfueling(from my superchips flashpaq,set on economy mode.) I also just straight piped my 4 inch exhaust about 3 weeks ago!
So my questions are this:
1: my truck blows alot of blueish-white smoke like i mentioned and vibrates really bad at idle and acceleration, it has a loss of power up until 2000 rpms and then it drives like it should and the smoke clears up! Does this sound like the symptoms of a blown motor( oh and lots of blow-by through the oil fill cap,like a freight train.)

2: what was more likely too cause this problem, the superchips(which i have had for about 6 months,set on economy mode), or the straight pipe that i had put on about 3 weeks ago?:confused:

3: The mechanic just gave me a quote for labor and parts at $5700 dollors, includes a re-honed out block, new pistons,rings,etc. Does this price sound about right for basically a new engine?

·
Registered
138 Posts
why do you need a new engine ? just pistons and rings . biggest part is labor . and I ran with a edge on setting 5 for two years except when i towed . so no it dont seem like it was the tuner.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Doesn't sound like the tuner or the exhaust. What engine? The excessive blow by and the bluish smoke do sound like a cracked piston, but if you keep driving it, it will cause cyl. wall damage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is the 7.3 liter!
Good question(top dollar)i need to ask him about why he needs to put all new parts in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts