Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 f350 6.0 i put a edge programmer in and every time i change the program say from 2 to 3 my truck runs bad. puffs black smoke from take off then stops puffing than about 60 miles an hour it hesitates and puffs smoke lose power. when i get home i reprogram the truck to stock, set the edge back to 2 and my problem goes away. any suggestions on why this would happen?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Edge tuning sucks, thats the first problem. Other than that the vanes on your turbo could be sticking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what you are saying is that when i change my program that the vanes on my turbo stick, if that is so why does it not stick when i go back to stock?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
No no he is saying get rid of the stock edge tuning customs are the way to go

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
That is partially what i'm saying. If it doesn't do it stock then id say its the tuning. Get a set of gauges, either mechanical or something like a CTS, then get an SCT and get custom tunes from a place like Innovative or one of the other custom tuners. Your truck will love you for it.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Yeah if Ur truck runs right without the tuner take the tuner off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have one more thing when towing my camper once and a while i can smell radiator coolant, seems mostly when im in tow haul any suggestions?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Ooooh... Not good. Its not a sure thing but you might be looking at head gaskets on that one. Junk tunes, gotta love em. While that might not be the direct cause of a blown gasket, it certainly doesn't help. Im not saying for sure that is the problem either though, it could be a bad EGR cooler, which will blow gaskets too, or a leaking hose or radiator, or a crack in the bottle. Either way something needs fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts