Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy are there any place to get a good deal on a pair of 18mm stock heads that are good enough to use. I found this place on ebay and i got some 4.0 explorer heads from them and they worked like a charm. But that was a stock rebuild and with my truck I'm going after some HP!
PAIR FORD 6.0 TURBO DIESEL F350 TRUCK CYLINDER HEADS | eBay
please give me some input. If my heads are salvageable how much am i looking at to deck them and refresh.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I haven't heard anything negative on Odessa and know a few members are running them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok if I were to referbish my heads, ballpark what am I looking at?

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Ah crap, I was looking for a pair of heads. I want to send them out to Matt soot power to have him do his magic. These look good now I gotta spend more money.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Hey Adrian I may have a set of good heads here for you after I get mine ripped apart and studded. I bought an extra set to send out before I ripped it apart so I could have them ready to put back on the engine as soon as I got it ripped apart and cleaned up. Pm me if your interested in making a deal.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
no idea what it would cost to get yours redone... the heads your looking into purchasing are capable of some decent HP as long as you do the job right and do some ARP studs and use some fresh OEM gaskets and torque the new ones down right... how much HP are you gonna try for? i wouldnt use refurbished heads if your planning on going over 600. i would think your safe to around 550. 600 being max.. 35-40psi boost max i wouldnt try to much seeing as they only tested the heads to 30 psi.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my goal is between 500 and 550, I think that for what I use my truck for that would be the sweet spot. I tow a 9000lb travel trailer and it is tore down right now for the studs BPD oil cooler, EGR Delete, OE gaskets, RR, Coolant Recerc, and CFM+

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
no idea what it would cost to get yours redone... the heads your looking into purchasing are capable of some decent HP as long as you do the job right and do some ARP studs and use some fresh OEM gaskets and torque the new ones down right... how much HP are you gonna try for? i wouldnt use refurbished heads if your planning on going over 600. i would think your safe to around 550. 600 being max.. 35-40psi boost max i wouldnt try to much seeing as they only tested the heads to 30 psi.
And what exactly do you think your heads are when you send them out to be machined? They become refurbished heads. lol They are good for over 1000hp.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ive been running odessa heads for some months now with no problems.. My guy said they looked like they did a good job on them when he installed them. If you dont mind your trk being down while you take your heads to a shop then do that and save a few bucks.. If you are like me and didnt want the trk to be down long you can buy these heads and then you can do your studs and gaskets fast and have your trk back on the road in 1-2 days instead of weeks..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was just wanting to see the diff. in price for the odessa heads versus machine shop. A guy I trust on here said that he had his hot tanked ,decked, and new hardened seats put in on the exhaust side and any weak springs replaced i was just looking for an average on outlay of money ,hell I have 5800 in parts laying here and the truck is getting tore down starting tomorrow! And I don't know what the heads are going to look like

1 - 12 of 12 Posts