Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my bully dog 6 position chip in today (pain in the *** to clean the conectors on the ECU to plug it in) and on the +75 setting it smokes ALOT, and i didnt think OBS would smoke that much but mine smokes like alot of the vids people have posted on here of there 99' - 02', maybe the person that owned it before me did some mods to it ? any ideas on why its smoking a ton?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Do you have a CA model truck? Is it a 5 speed? I've got stock sticks in mine and it smokes quite a bit as well on Xtreme...Once the turbo lights it does clear up though...Having a 5 speed it can load up some more as you start, and when you shift you loose your boost and the smoke comes flyin out again....as opposed to an auto where you wouldn't loose your boost as you are accelerating...

Just some ideas...Bottom line, if you overfuel these with programming they WILL smoke...and they will smoke A LOT if you get bigger injectors + programming

·
Registered
553 Posts
when i had my bully dog (sent back cause of troubles) it wouldnt run my 80 hp setting it would only do the 50hp and it would roll some smoke..

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its auto, and not sure if its a CA model truck, how can i tell ?. i just didnt think OBS trucks could smoke as much as mine is with stock injectors, so i thought maybe the owner before me did some mods, or maybe im wrong and they can smoke alot with stock injectors

·
Registered
353 Posts
Quick ways to tell if you have a CA truck:

1) Stick on passenger side valve cover is BLUE if its a CA model
2) Black BOSCH pulse dampener on the back of the lift pump in the valley if its a CA truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts