Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to be as descriptive in the title as I could to give a quick idea of what I'm looking for.

I just bought a new to me bumper with fog lights in it. Problem is my old bumper did not. Thus the problem or more like question.

What's the easiest way to go about wiring these bad boys up? I check stealbay for pigtails but didn't find wht I think I should be looking for.

Any one with input?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok more searching turned up the pigtails...do I need a relay for these and can anyone link one?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Here is how I added a newer style fog light switch. You need a switch, relay and fuse along with some wire. Just get a 20a 12v relay from radio shack, you don't need anything too special.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They way you kept it factory looks great. To be honest I may just hook up a separate switch for the lights just to keep things simple on myself. I've been debating the 650 dash mod for this reason (extra switch mounting spots) and a place for chip position selector.

You say that there is no particular relay that I would need? Just goto my local Shack and ask for one?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
You don't need anything too special, just has to be 12v NO and carry the minimum current or more, 20a should be good. Then you can build yourself one of these...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts