Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Very nice!!! Your truck is going to love it!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir I am. I was able to get it installed this morning but then I headed out to watch football. I'll get some miles on it tomorrow evening or Monday.

·
Super Moderator
19,814 Posts
Dang Grayson, are you gonna start polishing things under the hood so that FICM isn't all shiney by itself? :hehe:

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
I never get tired of looking at the beautiful hardware!!! I love my BPD FICM, it just makes everything else under the hood look a lil lack luster. LOL. I still think they should make them in other colors, cause I want an blue one.:D

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
So i take it that BPD now has both 4 pin and 7 pin FICM's?

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So i take it that BPD now has both 4 pin and 7 pin FICM's?
I believe that is the plan. I am beta testing the 7 pin unit to make sure everything is working properly.... but it's BPD. Of course it's gonna work just fine. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Lookin' good, Grayson! Like Jeff said, your truck is gonna love it! Looks like they have a 6 phase now as well.

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Lookin' good, Grayson! Like Jeff said, your truck is gonna love it! Looks like they have a 6 phase now as well.

So what are the differences in phases?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
4 phase = 48V, 6 phase = 48V/53V/58V

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Cool, thanks man.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
definitly on the to do list. Just not sure what one i'm gonna end up getting...4 pin or 7 pin cause i have one of each. My 7 pin has ID's moderate FICM tuning and the 4 pin has ID's mild FICM tuning.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What's the difference between 4 and 7 pin?

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
older ficms are 7 pin. If you want to swap the halfshell with one from ford or international they are not compatable. Int only makes halfshells for a 4 pin which came on the newer trucks.

I don't know what year the switch was made from 7 pin to 4 pin

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
older ficms are 7 pin. If you want to swap the halfshell with one from ford or international they are not compatable. Int only makes halfshells for a 4 pin which came on the newer trucks.

I don't know what year the switch was made from 7 pin to 4 pin
Is there an advantage of one over the other?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 51 Posts