Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the a new garrett bb turbo on my truck. My question is....Will the new turbo give off a smell as it gets hot from driving it? Thouht this smell would be normal since it is new but I also notice its seems to be turning colors. didnt know if this is normal.

I have already over 200 hundred miles so I thought if i did something wrong it would of broke already

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
What do you mean by turning colors? and what does it smell like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the exhaust side its getting hot and turning a blueish purple. The smell is kinda like something new getting used for the first time. like the factory oils burning off is the only way I know to describe the smell

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Thats probably exactly what it is. Whats the purpose of that turbo? Blew the old one? If thats the case its going to residual oil burning off.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Normal on all accounts.

·
Registered
674 Posts
all normal, my GTP38r made my truck smell funky for a week or so. especially when you jumped out of it, the smell around the hood/grill area had that kind of hot metal/welding/ozone smell almost a little bit

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Same here. They sometimes coat some of the parts with a coorosion inhibitor prior to leaving the factory too. The exh side will change color. It's never been used before. Normal on all counts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts