Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

I have a 2001 F250 7.3. I recently attempted to start it and found that I had no power. I replaced both batteries with Interstate High Cranking batteries. I now get power (ex. Headlights on, Dash board lights up, etc.) and the engine will turn over but not start. The battery light illumintates but all cables are clean and tightened. The glow plug light comes on and then goes off as if the glow plugs are ready to start but I still can not get anything more than turning over but no start. Could this be a Glow Plug Relay problem, or is it something else that I am missing. Thanks for reading and I am open to trying anything.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Do you get the Wait To Start light?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did get the wait to start light and have waited to attempted starting it after that goes out. But still nothing but turning over.

·
Premium Member
8,446 Posts
It's not going to be the Glow Plugs, you don't need them for starting at current temps.

Let's start with the Basics...

Do you see cranking rpm on the Tach? Do you have a spare CPS to try? If you Do NOT have a trans temp gauge in the instrument cluster (means you have an "early '01" w/o the electrical upgrade) then you should see cranking rpm on the tach as you crank it on the starter (means the CPS is doing it's job).

Is there fuel in the fuel bowl now? Does it refill after cranking? (open the drain level to check)

Can you hear/feel the pump running (below the dr seat, against the framerail)

Could the fuel gauge be giving a bad reading? (Below 1/4 tank?)

Is your truck "chipped"? If so, remove it as a Test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts