Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hands on a later 99 6 speed with litterally 4800 miles on it. Getting it straight piped next week and now looking to get a programmer to help mileage and add horsepower. Thinking about a bully dog gt since it has all the gauges. I read that these are hard on tranny's but with a manual i shouldn't have that problem. Whats your opinion on what i should get?

·
Registered
87 Posts
you lucky dog. you found a 7.3 with 4800 miles...

·
Registered
559 Posts
:worthless[1]:
I just got my hands on a later 99 6 speed with litterally 4800 miles on it. Getting it straight piped next week and now looking to get a programmer to help mileage and add horsepower. Thinking about a bully dog gt since it has all the gauges. I read that these are hard on tranny's but with a manual i shouldn't have that problem. Whats your opinion on what i should get?
First, let me say congradulations.....

Second......

I HATE YOU

No really, congradulations

My apologies, the filter between my brain and fingers is broken....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Wow, thats an amazing find man!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
We need Pics.

Id stay away from bullydog and get a custom chip from Tony Wildman, DP Tuner, or Matt @ Gearhead Performance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya some guy from my home town had it and know one knew it until he went to trade it in. Are they shift on the fly? and im wondering what is bad about the bully dog gt?

·
Registered
526 Posts
dp-tuner or ts performance, both are shift on the fly. nothings wrong with a nice set of analog gauges. u only need two. boost and egt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and i will be keeping this pickup until it absolutely dies so would like something that can read and clear dtc codes. does the ts performance or the dp tuner do that?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I thought I did well by buying a 00 with 98K but 4800 WOW!! Congrats.

·
Registered
559 Posts
and i will be keeping this pickup until it absolutely dies so would like something that can read and clear dtc codes. does the ts performance or the dp tuner do that?
No.......but they make better performance and longetivity. And please don't get the TS chip, it has generic tunes . Get one from someone that has made a commitment to making the 7.3 run better, like Tony Wildman, or DP. The TS was better than nothing, yes. Then I rode in a wildman tuned truck....night and day difference, I have also driven a DP tuned truck. They are very comperable to one another.

I've allready done it, went for the cheaper fix, didn't listen to anyone who told me not to do it. Then had to go back and do what I was told to do in the first place. If you are as hard headed as I am, then I understand, you gotta do what you gotta do:doh:. Find some members near you, and go for test drives, prove it to yourself before you spend any money.

Most people here are more than willing to let you check it out and see what it's like in the real world. :thumb:

·
Registered
526 Posts
U can go to any parts store and they have the same code readers for free. What fallendown said is correct, TS chip is canned tunes, but mine has been running great for years. The nebraska power strokes are having a get together in october, click the link in my sig. we've got a mixed bag of 7.3's with different tuners. If u could make it out, u could ride in some of there trucks and see what u like. From what I saw at our dyno day, I recommend dp tuner. It did way better than TW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts