Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on guys?! Name's Spenser, I'm new to the community, but anyway, I just picked up a 97 f350 XLT 7.3 Powerstroke for reeeal cheap. Shes in GREAT condition inside, out, and under, but she's gonna need some work. I work at a body shop so I am straight with cosmetics but, I have a guy coming to check it out because there is no power steering currently, and she vibrates between 35 and 45 other than that she drives like a dream.

I have some questions for you guys. Buying this beast for so cheap I am left with a good chunk of cash to do whatever I want to do to her. I'm lookin to lift, paint, reupholster, kinda do a complete overhaul so I a wondering what the best quality lift is or where to look? also, I need to replace many of the lights along the body and I am not positive on the best place to look. I also would like to throw on some new wheels and tires, keep the stocks for winter as they're new and stud-able so I don't really know where to look or what to look for. I have a great paint team and can get parts for very cheap so cosmetics isn't really a concern as i said before but I am no mechanic. I have worked on my own personal vehicles, installing exhausts, intakes, intercoolers, lifts, but no REAL mechanic experience but I have a guy, so I am wondering what you guys would do.

The the most the truck will be towing is a couple motorcycles, and possibly a mini house. so here's the situation:
New truck basically with no limit on what can be put into the motor, what do you do first?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
This is off-topic but are those J/J running boards on your truck?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I put a set of J/Js on my truck back when it was new, best made running boards I've ever come across and still look great 16 years later. Anyway, after recently trying to track-down the company, it appears they are no longer doing business and I thought that because you're in the body repair business, you might have a contact which can provide parts for these boards. Specifically, I need the strip of the rubber insert they used for anti-skid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put a set of J/Js on my truck back when it was new, best made running boards I've ever come across and still look great 16 years later. Anyway, after recently trying to track-down the company, it appears they are no longer doing business and I thought that because you're in the body repair business, you might have a contact which can provide parts for these boards. Specifically, I need the strip of the rubber insert they used for anti-skid.
I can definitely look into it for you, I am actually currently working as a parts coordinator at my shop so I'm actually the guy you would need to talk to. Let me ask around and I'll get back to you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To amend my initial post, I would like to TRY and just find some bigger beefier tires and avoid needing to buy new wheels. currently the stock 16" Alcoas are one it.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I can definitely look into it for you, I am actually currently working as a parts coordinator at my shop so I'm actually the guy you would need to talk to. Let me ask around and I'll get back to you!
That would be great, thanks. I've tried googling the running boards with no luck.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the .org, how many miles are on it? The power steering units you get on the aftermarket are junk, my brother in law got 2 bad units so I’m not sure what the best direction is for yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts