Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’m not new to the diesel world but am new to the Powerstroke world. I’ve driven a (saying it quietly) ecodiesel for the last few years as a daily driver. Predictably I finally had my last nerve pushed last week with the little guy and sold it. Today I purchased a 2000 F250 XLT 7.3 Powerstroke with 215k miles.
I have very small oil and transmission fluid leaks, which absolutely look to be the seals. I was able to get the seller to compensate me on those. Any suggestions in that department are welcomed, in fact any suggestions overalls are welcomed. It’s straight piped with a K&N cold air intake but I believe that’s it.
Thanks to all, and please be gentle with my ecodiesel bullshit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, there is no box with the k&n and personally I’ve been a fan of the S&B setup in the past As far as intakes go. I like that you can close off their boxes to bring in air from outside the engine bay or open it up if you aren’t concerned about heat inside.
The leaks look very minor. I drive it about 200 miles today, majority 70+ mph and let it sit for several hours after. It may have had about 5-8 drips of oil and 2-3 drips of transmission fluid after all is said and done. I’m going to check the levels in the Morning to make sure there isn’t anything drastic going on.

I will always buy the highest quality, American made parts and sensors if at all possible.

as far as moving forward, anything you suggest in the future? Any tuners I need to look into or other upgrade parts? Transmission, etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New to the 7.3 world, and I cannot for the life of me locate a transmission fluid dipstick. Can anyone tell me where the dipstick is located and if there isn’t one, how to check the fluid levels?

thanks, 2000 F250 XLT 7.3 automatic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts