Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bough my 06 f250 kingranch about a month ago and I have seen a couple of things on here I have no idea what they are talking about so I figure I would ask. I see alot of ppl have done a zoodad mod what in the world is a zoodad mod:dunno:????? alos i see ppl bolcking off the erg valve what is the egr valve and why do ya wanna block it off...i have a intake and 5inch exhaust with no muffler or cat and just ordered my x3 from djs tuesday so i am just trying to get all my ducks in a row!!

Thanks Shawn!!!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Goto Forums ....Tech files.... 6.0 mod info ...... click on zoodad. It's basically is a hole you cut in the plastic shroud and cover with a screen to allow fresh air to enter your air filter. I bought mine from Raul @ Stealth and it took me about an hour and a half to put it in. Didn't really "feel" a difference but I no from my racing days, any cool fresh air you can get into the motor is GOOD. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will chime in. D

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I made mine with about $15 in supplies from Lowes.

With my 4" turbo back system it sounds like it'll suck you right through the grill. I love it, especially since it is basically a free mod.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just bough my 06 f250 kingranch about a month ago and I have seen a couple of things on here I have no idea what they are talking about so I figure I would ask. I see alot of ppl have done a zoodad mod what in the world is a zoodad mod:dunno:????? alos i see ppl bolcking off the erg valve what is the egr valve and why do ya wanna block it off...i have a intake and 5inch exhaust with no muffler or cat and just ordered my x3 from djs tuesday so i am just trying to get all my ducks in a row!!

Thanks Shawn!!!
Some people, like myself, delete the EGR system because it causes a lot of problems(superheating the coolant and causing it to boil out of the overflow jug, stuck turbo vanes, etc...). EGR stands for Exhaust Gas Recirculation. Basically all the valve does is rerun burnt exhaust gas through the engine for slightly better emissions. My truck passes the sniffer test with it bypassed with no problem, BTW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts