Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my new MBRP 5" straight pipe turbo back exhuast this weekend. this thing is loud!! everyone is starring at me cause the turbo whistle from this thing with no exaggeration sound like a f'ing jet. i love it!! feel kinda sorry for anyone that is next me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda hard to determine power difference i am still working out some kinks in my custom tune. and i also haven't driven it much i am driving it to work tomorrow so i'll see then. but so far i have notice a significant increase in turbo repsonse. this thing screams i am running a 03 durastroke from MTW.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Don't believe you !HAHA , Post a sound clip ASAP :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the same exhuast. And yes it's extremely loud when you stomp on it. But after a year or so like that I put a muffler on it and enjoy that much better. Just wait till you get in a tunnel or have some sort of wall next to you then you'll see hear how loud it really is lol.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O ive been next to some things and hear it echoing off. And today at lunch I was going down the road a one of the guys I work with was next to me. I asked after we got back from lunch if it was loud. He said it was loud as s***!! And I think kinda hurt and gave him a ringing in his ear.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I only have a 4inch (no kitty or muffler) and my neighbors hate me...

Love the sound in tunnels and under bridges and against walls. Kinda wish i went with the 5inch

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have the same exhaust and yes it is very loud and the whistle is amazing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i love my 5" exhaust. whistles like crazy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love my 5" straight. Plus my 5-7" tip makes it even bigger.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am running a 5" diamond eye with no cat but did go with the muffler and it's damn loud that way. Especially at wot. I get looks all the time. I couldnt imagine it straight piped. I love it though.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I am running a 5" diamond eye with no cat but did go with the muffler and it's damn loud that way. Especially at wot. I get looks all the time. I couldnt imagine it straight piped. I love it though.

I have the SP Diamond Eye, F'in loud but sounds good. gets lots of looks just hopefully not from the POlice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts