Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a left-over2011 2 weeks ago and bought it. 2 wheel drive sc xlt. 700 miles so far and I do like it. Now then, how do I read the vin to know exactly when it was built?

Lee

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Congrats!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the congrats Stroker 8. And thanks for how to get my build date dslbrnr. It was built 3/02/11. Guess I've been a Ford person too long. Bought a 6.7 Ram 1 1/2 years ago. Nothing wrong with the truck but just wasn't satisfied with it. Found this one and made the deal.

Lee

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah I had an 08 Ram 2500 Mega cab and it just didn't do it for me either. I'm hoping to keep this one a long time!!!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Thanks for the congrats Stroker 8. And thanks for how to get my build date dslbrnr. It was built 3/02/11. Guess I've been a Ford person too long. Bought a 6.7 Ram 1 1/2 years ago. Nothing wrong with the truck but just wasn't satisfied with it. Found this one and made the deal.

Lee
Wow, our trucks are twins, same build date!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. How do you like it for a 2 wd? My local dealer has 2 Crewcab 2012 XLT models and they are equipped nice, that would do me good for what I do and need, they are cheaper than a 4wd model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2 wd

I like it. I'm retired and will be using it for pulling 5th wheel mainly. 70 and have never seen the need for a 4wd to this point. Live in southern Ohio and never had a problem getting to work when I was still working. Pulls the 5th wheel great.

Lee

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
whereabout in Southern Ohio? Trying to get a GTG organized and your welcome to come join us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts