Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this once before but does anyone have comments or information on the new Ford ESP Diesel Warranty that goes to 7 years or 200,000 miles? I asked my Ford Dealer Service Manager about it and he said it was so new they did not have much information. I have heard different cost figures to purchase this new extended warranty. Any comments or information out there?

·
Registered
135 Posts
if they have it i want it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This new extended warranty is out. I got something from Ford in the mail. I also want it but I am trying to find someone who has it or has some info.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the warranty is only covering the internal powerstroke components ,internal tranny and the turbo. All other external parts and sensors are not covered and it will only cover to 200,000 not 200,000 from when purchased.So it will go away at 200,001 miles. So to me its not worth the $2100.00 they are asking for it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
do you have to get it when you buy the truck or can you get it after? i think it might be worth it if i can wait till i have 99000 on mine
the warranty is only covering the internal powerstroke components ,internal tranny and the turbo. All other external parts and sensors are not covered and it will only cover to 200,000 not 200,000 from when purchased.So it will go away at 200,001 miles. So to me its not worth the $2100.00 they are asking for it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do not have to purchase this extended warranty when you purchase your truck. I believe on the 6.4s you must purchase is before the original 36 month 36,000 mile warranty expires. It is also available for the 6.0 and 7.3 diesel but I am not certain of the time frame you must purchase. As I only have 7,200 miles on my 6.4 I would probably purchase this at $2,100 for the 7 years or 200,000 miles. At 7,100 miles ford replaced my transmission in my 6.4 under warranty. The cost was $4,900 which was paid by Ford. I think I can afford $2,100 to prevent a catostropic repair cost up to 200,000 miles. Also I believe this is a $0 deductible and covers towing. I am going to get some more information on this from my dealer. I believe the costs vary by state. Of course I also believe that Ford should have their original warranty go to 7 years or 200,000 miles!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kem pro

Richard just wonted to ask where I could pick up one of these programers? Ialso live in the B"ham area thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
The DPF delete, if thats what you are needing contact KEMperformance.com and talk with him. It will take a while for him to get back to you but he is worth the wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts