Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
You have a deleted truck with a tune. It is going to be nearly impossible to figure out who tuned it and the specifications of the tune. My greatest concern if I was you would be towing if that is in your future. Some of these tunes increase the power but aren't tow friendly. If you can't get the tune figured out I would definitely get a pyrometer on it before towing.

Tom

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
Depending on local laws dealers (individuals too) can sell vehicles that are modified as long as the condition is known to the buyer.
Hence the term on documents "As Is".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You have a deleted truck with a tune. It is going to be nearly impossible to figure out who tuned it and the specifications of the tune. My greatest concern if I was you would be towing if that is in your future. Some of these tunes increase the power but aren't tow friendly. If you can't get the tune figured out I would definitely get a pyrometer on it before towing.

Tom
That's what I've read. But it sounds like they might be able to override the current tune and put in a new tuner with tunes I know. And I'm 100% going to get a pyro and monitor. The only things I'll be towing is a trailer with a rzr, maybe 2500#. And I think my camper is only 3500 fully loaded.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Depending on local laws dealers (individuals too) can sell vehicles that are modified as long as the condition is known to the buyer.
Hence the term on documents "As Is".
That's the issue with this, they never disclosed it was modified, just As Is.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
That's the issue with this, they never disclosed it was modified, just As Is.
They don't really have too. If it's "as is" it's exactly what it says. Did you do a thorough job looking at the truck? If you looked underneath it would have been clear it was deleted when the big bazooka was missing.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Premium Member
11,057 Posts
Sorry, you are given an opportunity to look over/inspect the vehicle before buying. Now do I 100% agree with this line of thinking....No. The other argument is you better know what you are buying before signing the check or paperwork.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Eh, all works out. I can get a new tuner and override the current tune. Small price to pay for what I got

·
Registered
929 Posts
Good plan

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,909 Posts
I saw a similar thread on the cummins forum and it blows my mind that people dont know they are buying modified trucks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts