Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for new nerf/running boards for
My 01. Can I see what you have on your truck and give me your opinions on what you have. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I still have the crappy XLT factory steps... They are nice and low profile.... I had nerd bars on a Tacoma 4x4 and bent one first time I met a rock by taking a bad line on a turn.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
All 3 of my trucks have Westin Platinum 3" stainless round. Put them on my 06 when new still look new. Put them on my 01 and 02. A few months ago my 02 was T boned. The Westin kept the car from going under the truck. Gas tank wasnt touched. The bar wasnt bent but the 2 mounting brackets were slightly bent and the rocker panel was bend. Here is the bar before the wreck and after the wreck. I highly recommend the Westn platinum stainless bars.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I should have added, if I ever get aftermarket steps again on a 4x4, I hope I can afford some real frame sliders. On the superduty, that's probably unobtanium, but if I ever get another Tacoma class vehicle...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for a set that is closer to truck. Kind of tucked under the truck a bit until you open door. Nothing mechanical obviously just something that doesn’t have a huge gap between bar and truck with door closed.

Still looking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts