Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, today the little needle that show which gear im in got loose or something. now when i move the shifter it is totally out of whack. it never moves back to park or past drive. is there a way to fix it or am i SOL.:dunno:

thanks ahead:thumb:

·
Registered
433 Posts
i dont know about the psd but ive fixed it on other vehicles by replacing a small cable, and spring connected to the steering column a

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, was going crazy:tard:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, couldnt find the adjustment. so i need some help with this still. and it seems like it came undone, its like its loose or something. not just out of whack.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I get home today I'll look under my dash. I know it was there on my 2001 gasser. I'm pretty sure it is there on my 05 psd.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This white bracket with the black wheel is what you should adjust for the gear selector indicator. I hope this helps. It is attached directly to the steering column.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome, i really appreciate it jackal. ill take a peek tomorrow and see if it works. ill let ya know. thanks

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
also chech the loops on the ends of the cable (on the shift lever and the indicator itself,) one of them may have popped off or broke, I remember old chevs used to be famous for that

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also chech the loops on the ends of the cable (on the shift lever and the indicator itself,) one of them may have popped off or broke, I remember old chevs used to be famous for that
ill look into that tomorrow. not real sure how to get into the area where those loops might be located, but ill poke around and see what i can figure out:thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i figured it out. :woot: you see that little white piece i am pointing at. well it broke in half :hehe: so ill go pick a new one up tomorrow. thanks for everbodys help. oh and if these are huge pics, sorry:dunno:

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
Good to see you found the problem...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts