Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I could use ford parts for the egr delete and oilcooler replacement. i know someone who works at the ford dealership that I could get the parts at a reduced rate. Was wondering if someone new the part numbers and what all I needed to replace or upgrade since I was tearing into it. I have the 2004 model truck build date of march 2004.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
For the EGR Delete I would go with DicadSolutions. They make great kits and are very reasonably priced. No reason to pay $250 for a Sinister kit when you can have this one for $189 shipped to your door.

EGR Delete Kit | Ford 6.0 Liter EGR Delete

You will need the oil cooler kit
3C3Z-6A642-CA

Intake gasket kit w/ turbo hardware
3C3Z-9433-BE

This is all you really need, along with fresh oil and filter, but their is much more you can do and should do. Refer to the thread posted above on bulletproofing the 6.0 and decide which route you want to go.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...204386-write-up-bullet-proofing-6-0l-psd.html

oh and good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Another vote for the Dicad kit, but I found it for $120 shipped on ebay just last week. It's going in the truck tomorrow :D

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone followed jsm180's link? The supposed email from vinceau911; if it is true it is price fixing aka a civil antitrust violation under the Sherman antitrust act. That is just wrong. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't forget the flange gasket between the Y pipe and new up pipe.
Just realized the kit doesn't include that. Any idea where to pick that one up? My buddy down at the dealership doesn't have the old up pipe removed yet, so I don't know what kind of condition the old gasket is in. If it's ok, I guess I'll reuse it. If not, I'd hate to wait another day or 2 for an OEM to get ordered and delivered, but I guess I can do what I gotta do.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just realized the kit doesn't include that. Any idea where to pick that one up? My buddy down at the dealership doesn't have the old up pipe removed yet, so I don't know what kind of condition the old gasket is in. If it's ok, I guess I'll reuse it. If not, I'd hate to wait another day or 2 for an OEM to get ordered and delivered, but I guess I can do what I gotta do.
It's a $5 part at the Ford dealer, don"t reuse it unless you like exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help, since I hav 2004 build date of march 2004 will I need to update the STC fitting as well?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for all the help, since I hav 2004 build date of march 2004 will I need to update the STC fitting as well?
It would definatly be a good idea. You might as well go ahead and do it while your in there...

The part number you will want is

4C3Z-9B246-F

That is for the updated STC Fitting, IPR Screen, and O-Rings

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
The 04 doesn't really have the STC fitting that was the failure part.

So the STC fitting upgrade really doesn't apply to the 04 model year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts