Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I've been searching threads & reading for hours & my head is spinning. I cannot find a simple good recommendation for a place (other than high dollar dealer) for a replacement stock injector. Truck is a 2000 CC 4x4 Lariat (w 7.3 PS of course). Injector #1 & 4 are weak on the buzz test and make the truck run like crud after it sits for 24+ hrs. They will even out after a few minutes of run time, but I'm getting worried about any harm they may be doing to the truck if I don't replace them ASAP. Any thoughts or suggestion on the best place to buy stock injectors? Eventually I'd like to replace all with higher performance injectors, BUT can't exactly afford that right now.
Thanks in advance for the assistance!
-Jeremy

·
Registered
433 Posts
JMT, do you plan on replacing all 8? If you are there are a few sets of stage 2 injectors around on other sites for a grand. You cant buy a set of 8 new for that kind of money:thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One day I hope to replace all 8 and do a few modifications to the truck, but for now, I just need to replace the 2 injectors giving me trouble. So I really just need a good source for 2 stock AD injectors.
Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
New or used?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got 1 new one at truck repair place for $180 when the Ford dealer wanted $300 for one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm open to 'reman' injectors as long as its from a reputable place, or new. Just trying to get a good product without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
433 Posts
New will probably break the bank. You can get a kit from Rosewood Diesel and rebuild all 8 for about 250....Chad

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
my buddy on here got six stocks layin around the work fine ????????????

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my buddy on here got six stocks layin around the work fine ????????????
Who's the guy with the 6 stock injectors?

I'll also check into Rosewood Diesel.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
You can get all 8 rebuilt say you do stage1's, that costs around $1000, if you get 8 reman injectors, even from Pensacola Fuel Injection, that'd be like 800, after cores are returned.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I'd say the best is the full rebuild of stage 1's from rosewood.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really just looking to replace the 2 injectors giving me trouble right now, keeping me from spending $1000+.
If snyone has 2 good injectors (AD) for sale, I'd be interested in them. I'm a little hesitant to buy remans from pensacola diesel ($109.00/ea) due to the rather negative comments posted about them on here. As for the Rosewood deal, I'd still have to fork out extra money for the solenoids that are going bad in the injectors as well as the rebuild kit. basically I cannot afford to replace them all right now, so if I just replace the 2 for now, then in a few months, I'll likely replace them all with a balanced set.
So, if anyone has 2 take-off injectors for sale, let me know. I'd feel safer buying from someone on here.
Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I understand the reluctance from pensacola. I've read alot of bad about them, that was after I got one though. And I had no problems whatsoever. It was an AE for #8. No troubles, shipping, service, the part, was all fine. Maybe I'm lucky? :dunno: I dunno.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
his name on here is thebigstroke his name is todd

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the same issue but mine are the #4 & #7 injectors, how much would it run to upgrade to a little better injectors and whats the best place to get them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
rosewood's diy kit is still unavailable. at least that is what their web site says.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts