Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I need to ask a question about all these abbreviation are. Like what is the HPOP. and where is it located along with the icp, and where is it located. Also I heard everyone talking about the oil system. I am lost about all of this stuff on a diesel engine. I know the motor oil is used to lube the engine and the fuel system from what I know is different then the oil system. I am a gasoline engine mech. and I have worked on diesel engines from 2-71's up to the v16-92 Detroit diesels. So can some one explain how this 6.0 diesel works. I am trying to help a friend out with his truck. It will spin over but will not crank no smoke coming out the tail pipe. Spray a touch of either in it and will start but die right away. So any help will be appreciated. Thanks for any help Mike.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Every 6.0 owner should download that and the update supplement for your particular year for any production changes. Be advised the Ford coffeetable books end at 05.

I guess no more were published because they were comeing out with the 6.4 engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to thank both of you for your help. That link is very very helpful. I did not know that these diesel engines have more sensors and modules than a gasoline engine has. All of the old standard diesels engines that I have worked on just has a high pressure pump to deliver fuel to the injectors, and the cam that opens the injectors in time with the pistons like a distributor in a gas engine. But again thanks a bunch. Just an update, still don't have it running yet. But I have friend coming over today to scan the system for me. Will keep y'all updated as soon as I find out what is going on. Thanks Mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts