Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 99 7.3 out of a wrecked ambulance. It is complete turbo to oil pan. The guy wants $500 for it. Runs good, I have heard it. Didnt know if I could use it as a back up. Will everything hook up? I know I could at least use the hpop off of it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Its the exact same motor in the obs trucks except this has larger injectors, hpop, and turbo, plus has an inter cooler.

·
Premium Member
23,192 Posts
The accessories are located differently and no vacuum pump, but as far as bottom end and heads your good, is it early or late 99

·
Registered
840 Posts
buy that thing. oil pump will work, intercooler stuff will work. if you dont use any of it you could still sell the thing for big profit

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Do the vans have intercoolers?

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
I don't think vans do..... but the ambulances do i believe, along with busses, they are not the same as the truck intercoolers tho

Ohhhh.... and BUY IT. I bought one for 750, parted it and kept the heads and injectors and made a few bucks profit. If i sold them i would have made out well

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to pick it up today. Thanks guys

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the turbo bigger or better off of this 99 motor? I'm getting bigger sticks so would it be wise to swap my turbo's?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Is the turbo bigger or better off of this 99 motor? I'm getting bigger sticks so would it be wise to swap my turbo's?
Turbo andr injectors are bigger, but, you will have to use the intercooler y pipe and up pipes and pedistal off of the new motor too....

Killing time on here with my smart phone.... :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how much is a 99 7.3 worth with 178,000 miles? No injectors, Turbo, or hpop? Just wondering how much to ask if I do decide to sale it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts