Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2006 F-250 that has a bad FICM. I’m trying to decide between Sinister and Bulletproof for choices to replace the failing OEM FICM. What do y’all recommend and why? Cost isn’t an issue, just wanting to make sure I get the best one as a replacement.
Thanks y’all!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bulletproof every day of the week. No question.

Bulletproof quality is impeccable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
BPD is a good choice, however, FICMrepair.com (another org vendor) has a lifetime warranty FICM rebuild you might wanna check out. Not sure on pricing compared to BPD.

-jokester

·
Registered
664 Posts
I ditto what these guys said. Don't bother with trying others. These two are tried and true.

·
Registered
696 Posts
BPD is a good choice, however, FICMrepair.com (another org vendor) has a lifetime warranty FICM rebuild you might wanna check out. Not sure on pricing compared to BPD.

-jokester
x2

FICMrepair.com service is great. Have not had any need to talk to BPD....which is good as well i guess.

Ed at ficmrepair will answer the phone literally all the time and help you through any and all unrelated problems that have nothing to do with anything you have ever bought from him. I have bought lots of stuff from him and sometime i dont know if its related when i call. So far it has not been and ive had no issues with anything he sold me.(Please dont call him just to be your neighborhood mechanic!!!! Buy something first!!!!)

And again, everyhting ive bought from BPD i have not had issues with...so i have no clue if they even have a customer service division lol.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Let's dive deeper on the BPD FICM. Is there any reason to buy the full unit over just the power supply other than aesthetics? An extra $325 seems like a lot assuming your logic board still works.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Let's dive deeper on the BPD FICM. Is there any reason to buy the full unit over just the power supply other than aesthetics? An extra $325 seems like a lot assuming your logic board still works.
No need for the logic board unless yours is already fried, logic board failures are a rare bird

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I went with FICMrepair.com on mine. I've had it for the last 6 years, and it has worked perfectly without a single problem. I Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ficmrepair is a small shop and Ed will talk with you directly. Their repair price is a lot better than buying a complete new unit and their guarantee is excellent. Call them and talk to Ed about it yourself.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went with FICMrepair.com on mine. I've had it for the last 6 years, and it has worked perfectly without a single problem. I Highly recommend them.
A buddy of mine is considering them as well, glad it worked great for you. I'll come over this weekend to help him install the skid plates and jeep bumpers plus winch on his current Wrangler project. Gonna mention it is good to go.

·
Registered
315 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts