Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my sound equipment for my truck, I thought I would go with a Memphis loaded 12" sub. While it sounds good, it doesn't fit behind my rear seat like I thought it would. I'm going to have to go another route. My desire if for a box that will fit behind my rear seat and hold 1 12" sub. It would be nice if the box had an amp rack. I have no desire to build a box if I can find something that just drops right in. I was looking for a bracket set that would allow me to move the rear seat forward, but none exist and making something is beyond my capability. Who is running such a setup and can give me some direction?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't mean to derail this but I am curious as to why not wanting to build your own box? It's been almost 20 years since I was even remotely into stereo equipment but I remember then that we weren't afraid of making our own boxes and we were just high school kids. Is there more to it than plywood, carpet, and a saw? I do realize getting all the clearances right so you don't have bad sound or vibration on the sub from being to close to the box and such but building a custom box just doesn't seem that complicated to me. I'm honestly interested to learn but also won't have my feeling hurt if everyone ignores this response to ACTUALLY help the OP haha.

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
108 Posts
I had a kicker truck box in my 06 that used a shallow mount sub and it sat flush with front of box. I bought it several years ago not sure if it’s still available but worked well. I put a good sub in the factory box on my 08 KR

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mean to derail this but I am curious as to why not wanting to build your own box? It's been almost 20 years since I was even remotely into stereo equipment but I remember then that we weren't afraid of making our own boxes and we were just high school kids. Is there more to it than plywood, carpet, and a saw? I do realize getting all the clearances right so you don't have bad sound or vibration on the sub from being to close to the box and such but building a custom box just doesn't seem that complicated to me. I'm honestly interested to learn but also won't have my feeling hurt if everyone ignores this response to ACTUALLY help the OP haha.
Just not my thing. I don't have the skillset and it's easier to buy one and put it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts