Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for basically a tuner/monitor in one, and im wondering everyones opinions.

im torn between the Edge Evo CTS, juice with attitude CS, or Superchips Vivid.

the Evo CTS and Vivid i like for the price, but the vivid has no EGT expandability, and i dont think either has the trans settings. i dont really want to spend $300+ on gauges, and the $400ish on a tuner, when i could spend around $500 on the Vivid or Evo.

im not looking to blow smoke and destroy rubber, just some econo tunes, light/moderate tow tunes, and transmission tuning/settings because of running larger than stock tires.

any suggestions? this is an 04 F250 FX4 CC.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Check out the SCT TS 5015. Just came out on the market, it's actually too new to tell you what parameters it can monitor. I do know it can monitor the basic "must have" for the 6.0, like ECT, EOT, FICMv, EGT. It looks to also have 5 analog inputs to add external sensors like Fuel psi that is also recommended for running a 6.0.

IMO, the SCT programmers is the only way to go with a 6.0.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I'm liking my ts 5015, I just finalized the install with the egt kit. And took out my glow shift gauges.

And I'd bet you would be happy with the caned sct tune that come with it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i really appreciate the info. ive read nothing but positive on the SCT tuners on here the past few days, and had no idea about the Livewire TS 5015. that looks like the perfect route for me. i love the truck how it is, but i want longevity. i have already take the guys advice from PSH.com and replaced the degas bottle cap even though it looked to have been replaced with the updated one already. $5 in insurance. why not. i know the ins and outs of the 6.0, and i honestly think its a great engine with the issues taken care of.

currently working on internationals current abomination, the Maxxforce line of engines, the 6.0 looks like a perfect engine :rofl:

again, i appreciate the advice. im not new to diesels, but im new to the whole tuning aspect. ever since i heard my first powerstroke as a kid, its been nothing but love :D

-Edited- forgot to mention, the truck already has the BPD oil cooler relocation with the secondary spin on filter. should be ordering my EGR delete in a few days.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
If it will read ficm and can be adapted to ad fuel pressure and read icp voltage and injector cycles and all, like the cts can, they're going to sell a lot of these. Probably one of which to me.

Portcity gt, do you know what all kind of ad ons you can ad to it? Like fp, or whatever? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
i really appreciate the info. ive read nothing but positive on the SCT tuners on here the past few days, and had no idea about the Livewire TS 5015. that looks like the perfect route for me. i love the truck how it is, but i want longevity. i have already take the guys advice from PSH.com and replaced the degas bottle cap even though it looked to have been replaced with the updated one already. $5 in insurance. why not. i know the ins and outs of the 6.0, and i honestly think its a great engine with the issues taken care of.

currently working on internationals current abomination, the Maxxforce line of engines, the 6.0 looks like a perfect engine :rofl:

again, i appreciate the advice. im not new to diesels, but im new to the whole tuning aspect. ever since i heard my first powerstroke as a kid, its been nothing but love :D

-Edited- forgot to mention, the truck already has the BPD oil cooler relocation with the secondary spin on filter. should be ordering my EGR delete in a few days.

If you want advice this is the place to get. My best advice to you is to stay far away from PSH. The guy is a tool who just loves to see himself on camera.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know your looking for the monitor/ programmer in one but the sct/ insight combo works amazing for me. I havnt run any combos but from what I understand you need to run a sct flash for trans tuning.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
If you're saying the trans can't be custom tuned, that's not the case, I have Vivian's trans tune in mine right now.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Yea I like it, with anything new you're goin to have bugs. And it don't get much newer than this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts