Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I just put two new injectors in my truck (3,8) and now it is starting to do the same thing. It starts fine and idles fine, but once you take off it acts like it is running on 7 cylinders. I have actually felt it kick to all 8 and the truck runs fine. It runs fine once warmed up completely, it just does this when it is cold. I used a superchip to pull PO237 PO743 PO603. I just put a nvk4 pcm in and it changed nothing. I installed my DI regulated return about 1 month ago and have been stock every since then, so I am rulling out a chip bringing up the PO603. Need some help this is pissing me off.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cmon somebody has to have an idea of why I am getting the PO603. Last night my truck ran real rough, like its on 7 cylinders, so I floored it and it cleared right up and ran perfect the rest of the way home. Would an ICP sensor have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Cmon somebody has to have an idea of why I am getting the PO603. Last night my truck ran real rough, like its on 7 cylinders, so I floored it and it cleared right up and ran perfect the rest of the way home. Would an ICP sensor have anything to do with it?
Code P0603 is a KAM error and is caused by a loss of power to your PCM generally from disconnecting the batteries or removing the PCM.. It is nothing to be concerned about and is a common code for trucks with a chip..

As far as running on 7 cylinders, have you done a injector buzz test and a cylinder contribution test? This will check your injectors and indentify any faulty ones. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a chunck of the old o-ring from an injector fell into the cylinder bore and was over looked and was keeping the new injector from seating properly.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't had the buzz test run since I put the two new injectors in. But it doesn't always do this. I would think if it had something stuck in the bore that it would always act weird. After it warms it up runs fine.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Maybe injector o-rings on the other injectors. When the engine warms up. The O-rings swell up and then all your injectors fire correctly.

Or you have more injectors that are bad. Or you have a bad connection with the UVC. Or the UVC has a short in it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yep, might take a look at the UVC harness.. Can you pull the stored codes?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just to ask a dumb question and state what you have probably all ready done. But what about your glow plugs?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well when I changed injectors 2 and 8 I also put in new UVC harness's and glowplugs. I guess the other injectors could be acting up, but I hope not. I mean it is almost like a light switch, it can be running rough and then all the sudden fine. I guess that could be the point that the o rings finally seal. Wish I had the money to do it up with stage 2's but I currently don't .

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well when I changed injectors 2 and 8 I also put in new UVC harness's and glowplugs. I guess the other injectors could be acting up, but I hope not. I mean it is almost like a light switch, it can be running rough and then all the sudden fine. I guess that could be the point that the o rings finally seal. Wish I had the money to do it up with stage 2's but I currently don't .

I rebuilt my injectors and changed them to stage 2 single shots.. Its under $1000

·
Banned
733 Posts
Take a look at the engine harness where it connects to the valve cover connectors. The metal in the connector gets vibrated and thins out. It is actually a metal loop. Take a fish hook or needle and spread the metal, making it larger so it will connect with the valve cover connectors with more pressure. I had three injectors that came online when I did this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will look at it Diesel Monkey, but it ran perfect for a while after the two new injectors, I am guessing I need to get another buzz test. Such is life I suppose. Does anyone know anybody around central IN with Auto Enginuity. I hate going to do the dealer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I played with the uvc harnesses alittle and got them to connect better. So I guess I just didn't have them pushed together enough to make a good connection. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well I played with the uvc harnesses alittle and got them to connect better. So I guess I just didn't have them pushed together enough to make a good connection. Thanks for the help guys.
Hey glad you got it figured out!! Mine have done this too. Ford has a TSB out on it and there is a $9 part to fix the UVC harness and keep it together.. I just did mine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
sometimes it will run bad for a bit till all the air is worked out too, so don't be surprised if you get a rogue cough etc..until after you have a decent amount of miles on it .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts