Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happens all the time. It sounds like a exhaust leak or lifter hanging up. No exhaust leak, checked for that. It seems to be coming from the right (passenger) side of the motor. Engine idles smooth. It's just annoying. Could it be that I need the crossover tube I've heard and read about? I'm leaving next Monday on a 2000 mile (round) trip. Can I run it without getting it fixed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you hear the noise at idle? I have a ticking that sounds like an exhaust leak, coming from the right hand side of the engine, but only when I get on the go pedal, nothing at idle really.

J

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the boots and they seem to be OK. There is not a distinct tick at idle. The time I hear it the most is when the engine is just cruising or de-acceleration. If I step on it a little it isn't as loud or maybe it's gone completely. Truck has plenty of power. More then I probably need. I should maybe mention that it has stage 2 injectors also. Chip is from BTS in Ar. It runs great, just that ticking, missing, or whatever it is sound. Thanks for the responses.

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
I checked the boots and they seem to be OK. There is not a distinct tick at idle. The time I hear it the most is when the engine is just cruising or de-acceleration. If I step on it a little it isn't as loud or maybe it's gone completely. Truck has plenty of power. More then I probably need. I should maybe mention that it has stage 2 injectors also. Chip is from BTS in Ar. It runs great, just that ticking, missing, or whatever it is sound. Thanks for the responses.
That sounds more like a stuck lifter, then. Depending on how many miles you have on your oil change, might be worth your money to do an oil change and put a good synthetic in it with some Rev-X. JMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts