Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just rebuilt the oil cooler and updated STC fitting. Put it all back together and it cranked for a long time and then started sounded good for about ten seconds then started running rough then died, now wont start, it tries real hard to start but sounds like its running real rough. The batteries were dead and now I am charging. No DTC codes! Someone help?

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
For what it's worth, any time I have the oil cooler removed on one of these engines, I always like to remove the high pressure oil pump as well, leaving the gallery under the oil screen completely open. Using a blow gun to blow all ANY foreign debris that could possibly have made its way in there and through to the IPR valve to avoid this exact scenario. My advice to the original poster is to remove the IPR valve for a look/see. If the screen is trashed, the IPR valve needs to be replaced. Failing that, you'll need to access the typical 6.0L no-start PIDs that I'm sure you'll find very easily in this forum with some searching, to see what's missing.

If the IPR valve is in fact trashed, this post should be a perfect testament as to the importance of clearing the oil cooler area completely free of any dirt or debris prior to its removal, to ensure none of it makes its way into the reservoir.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
very good advice, thanks for the tip

btw this is matt from DTS

<---

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after figuring out there was no fuel in the upper bowl after cycling the fuel pump fifteen times I decided to replace the two filters with motorcraft ones and hope for the best. And it worked! Pretty strange!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts