Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 f350 6.0 liter with afe stage 2 intake, 5'TBE with bully dog gt tuner now i haul 20 000 pound 5 wheel trailer for work now im looking for alittle more pulling power looking at a new turbo headstud cause i know there bad on the 6.0 but would i need in jectors too or how should i go about this

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
custom tunned SCT..... get rid of that bully dog
do studs and egr delete and youll be set

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
custom tunned SCT..... get rid of that bully dog
do studs and egr delete and youll be set
EGR??? what EGR its the 6.4's that have EGR's not 6.0's the EGR is for the DPf is it not what would you recommend turbo wise i would like something that spools up pretty quick like the stock one is sh!t trying to cross 4 lane roads get pretty sketchy waiting for the turbo to kick in i get half way across then the turbo spools up and bang big black cloud and im gone but by that time it doesnt matter

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Do a sct custom tunes, egr delete and your good. No bully dog, they are crap.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really im happy with my bully dog anything that has gone wrong bully dog was right there and fixed and its a work truck my 6.7 is my toy and headstud how big of a job is that like can i do it myself or is it one of those things were they have to take the cab off

·
scuffs *****
5,270 Posts
Custom tunes ARE better. But I cannot say which one to use. It is against the rules as far as I know, which two others have broken.

If your towing 20,000 pounds, you MUST do studs, and MUST do an EGR delete.

I doubt you'd need a bigger turbo and injectors if you had good tunes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts