Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone who reads this show me pics of new 08s with front end replacements. There are very few that look good! I have always like the Ranch Hand Bumpers but with the re design of the 08s they really just dont look that good. I have seen others like Fab Fours and such and some are selling for 2 grand.....way to much four a bumper in my opinion. I just want to see some options.......Thanks

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
Give me a week, and my custom front end from south texas outfitters will be on. if you want to look thier website is www.southtexasoutfitters.com

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
talk to dunesrunner....

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
that looks wicked!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here is my front bumper:

There is a long thread on here about these guys though..

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Can anyone who reads this show me pics of new 08s with front end replacements. There are very few that look good! I have always like the Ranch Hand Bumpers but with the re design of the 08s they really just dont look that good. I have seen others like Fab Fours and such and some are selling for 2 grand.....way to much four a bumper in my opinion. I just want to see some options.......Thanks
The price of steel isn't what it used to be. Everything fabricated out of good steel is expensive. The cheaper stuff is not any good. If you hit something you don't want the grill to be what damages the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Here is my front bumper:

There is a long thread on here about these guys though..
The bumpers are good quality, just the customer service isn't there...and look at the big gap at the grille...what is that notch for? The other truck is flush with the grille, fitment is a lot better...

The price of steel isn't what it used to be. Everything fabricated out of good steel is expensive. The cheaper stuff is not any good. If you hit something you don't want the grill to be what damages the truck.
Fab fours are great bumpers but are over priced...Steel is expensive and hence why none of these bumpers cost less that $1100, but C'mon, who needs to charge $2200 for a base bumper with no bars.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
those look pretty i want one

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am happy with my bumper. The gap is because it is cut out where the winch sits. I like being able to reach things if needed but I don't think I'd miss it if it weren't there.

As for customer service. Thats a different issue which is why I mentioned the other thread...

Where were you guys when I was shopping!! ;)

Not to hijack, but what do you normally do for the winch control solenoid? I'd really like to make that box disappear

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
C'mon, who needs to charge $2200 for a base bumper with no bars.
$2200, that's crazy. Well, it does have a lot of pieces at different angles that make it stand out over the round or squared off bumpers. I think it's a great looking bumper. Guess you just need a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Yeah and along with that gap being non-existent and price being better, the control box mounts inside not on top of the bumper...its an all around cleaner look

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I can honestly say I hated the 2008 when it came out...but the more and more I look at it, it is growing on me...and when its lifted...it looks sick...add the bumpers and ...WOW!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts