Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all new to the forum so hopefully this is in the right place. Anyways I'm in the market for an clean lower mile obs f250 and I may have found one but I just want to get some opinions. Here's a copy of the add "Truck is in overall amazing shape recntly lifted, the tires rims and shocks have less then 500 miles. The truck is equipped with a 7 inch lift, dick cepek 35x13.5x18 tires, pro comp rims, dana 60 heavyduty ft axle, air horns with a tool box mounted compressor and tank, banks chip, ats intercooler, downpipe and 4 inch exhaust, cold air intake, banks trans control, a pillar mounted gauges boost, exhaust temp and air tank psi. Very clean well maintaned truck 78,000 miles". I went and saw it today it's really clean paints perfect just some slight bubbling over wheel wells but note its not a dana 60 front its stock d50 but he wants 13000 should I go for it

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would definitely say go for it. that looks like a very nice low mile truck, plus with the add ons, intercooler, d60 swap, lift, new tires and all the other stuff. $13,000 isn't a bad deal. in my area ive seen them go for 13k with twice the miles. others will be along with their opinions as well.

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
I can't see the IC in the grill, but looks clean, make sure and point out that it don't have a d60

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
Uhm am I the only person that thinks the 60 was swapped in there so it could actually be a 60 on the truck?

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Looks like a 50 to me :dunno:

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
The differential has an aluminum cover and I can see a track bar in the pic from behind. Only thing this guy has to do though is look underneath for a solid axle. If solid then it's a 60 (rock on) if it's got a pivot in the middle it's a 50 (60 swap in future)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to the guy again this morning and he assures me it's a Dana 60 front I also tried to offer him 11500 for it but he's not budging on the price. If anyone else has any advice for me if be happy to hear it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Only advice i woukd give is If its what you want then go for it. That's prob the lowest mile 7.3 OBS I've ever seen. With the add ons and how clean it looks from the pics someone will pay the 13k he's askin. If you're willing to give 11500 and its what you really want 1500 isn't worth losin it over, in my opinion. One last thing, as stated above already, its very easy to tell if its the d60 or d50 so just make sure to look at the front axle....if it has the pivot point in the middle and isn't solid all the way across then It isn't the d60 no matter how much assurance the guy is giving ya

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
Have the cash in your pocket when you go there again and see if he'll take 12 5 if not hand him 13k in cash

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
I'd pay 300 for a plane ticket and buy a rust free stock one for that much dough

1 - 13 of 13 Posts