Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i not sure what they would be called but the blue boots on the turbo and one down by passanger frame below the head light they both are on the same pipe going to the turbo lol but i need new ones any one have any place where i can get some new ones mine are just getting old and i think one has a hole in it ??? ill get pics tom to show what i talkin about there are only two of them

i was wondering if they make aftermarket ones , better then fords:thumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also dose anyone know where the best place to buy a CCV mod or is it just something everyone makes them self : pics will help thanks

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got my new boots from RiffRaff Diesel and they are doing good so for.
They were also the best price.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Those are the two that I would go with and if it were me I would go with the diesel site hoses as they are made to handle oil will probably last longer than your truck body will.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
x2 for dieselsite boots...Not a lick of a problem, or a drop of oil after doin the CCV mod. If there was food on top of them, Id eat it, thats how clean they stay. And ya, not the cheapest thing Ive put on the truck, but not the most expensive either.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I've got diesel site boots on mine and they come with the clamps and are great. The ford boots don't come with clamps.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I've got diesel site boots on mine and they come with the clamps and are great. The ford boots don't come with clamps.
Ya not to mention the Ford ones come with staples/holes in them right out of the box..hmm wonder what this is gunna cause...:doh::doh:

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
the staples don't cause the boots to leak. they're there to keep the clamp from moving out of position when it's tightened.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That makes sense. Although I guess mine moved around because they stretched the hole out. But ya that makes sense!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks but do they sell the CCV mod anywhere ??

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I agree with both the diesel site boots and the NC Hornet CCV mod that Stealth sells. I have not had a problem with either upgrade to my truck. The boots are not cheap, but you will not have any worries about blowing off boots, or oil everywhere again. That and the CCV mod helps.

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts