Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting new 35" tires and 2.5" leveling kit so I want to replace my factory Rancho shocks. Looking for ideas on replacements.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Bilsteins made a great improvement on my truck.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,136 Posts
Love my Bilsteins, however ...........

I was given an opportunity to test out the new Rancho 7000's. I have installed the rears (driven w/ them for a few weeks), and hope to install the front ones this weekend. So far, I am very impressed.

I have had the Rancho 9000's before and really didn't care for them, so I was somewhat pleasantly surprised w/ the 7000's. The front shocks were back ordered, so I have had to wait - oh well!

I have been asked to write a review on them when I have test driven them fully (including driving time on the old/dirt roads to the deer lease)!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I would stay away from the Rancho 9000's, I just put these on my 08 and they flat out suck. Way to light in the front end, Truck bounces going down the freeway. I have them set on 9 and still no change. Rear end feels nice though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Would any of you happen to know the part number for the Bilstein that would be long enough for the extra heigth of the 2.5" leveling kit and who's got the best prices on them.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts