Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new set of injectors for my 03 7.3. Where is the best place to get them from? What are people paying? New only don't want to mess with remans or rebuilding them.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Why do you need new injectors? Are you going for stock or staged kits?

I'm not sure why you'd want to spend $2,000 on new oem injectors, when you can buy stage 1's from Rosewoods for $500... or stage II's for 1,000 using your OEM injectors that get built up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have rosewood stage 2's and have had them rebuilt already and they are still leaking oil in the fuel bowl. truck is using too much oil. just not real pleased with rosewood at this point. i think i want to go back to stock and leave it alone.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Bad injector cups? Doesn't sound like an actual injector problem.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Thats what I mean o-rings not cups. Thank you for the correction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would much rather have to pull the injectors and replace $100 of o-rings then replace injectors or pull those cups out if you know what I mean!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the whole story: late april 2010 sent in my injectors and had them made to stage 2's. late june broke a rod and had motor rebuilt (new outer orings were installed). truck used alot of oil and tail pipe was even oily wet all the time. Sent injectors back to rosewood and he tested/flowed tham and found nothing wrong. I had him put all new orings in them (6k miles since first being built) reinstalled and it uses alot less oil but still leaks it into the feal and smokes white.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
What kind of o rings were used? When the rod went, issues putting hg back on? Might be something else thats messing with you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when rebuilt motor ford rebuild kit was used and when sent to rosewood internal and exterior were replaced but no clue what brand he uses

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is it fuel or coolant smoke? When the injectors were out were the copper washers on the tips all removed and replaced? Also when the engine was rebuilt were the injector cups replaced?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the copper washers were replaced but not sure since injectors only had 3k on them when it broke a rod. Injector cups were not replaced. truck only has 109k on it now and 80k when it blew

·
Registered
99 Posts
Could be a couple things. When the motor was rebuilt if they hot tanked the heads it loosens the cups and they need to be replaced. And when replacing the injectors if you don't pull all of the old washers out of the cups the injector will not be far enough down to completely seal even if it is tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
going to do a compression test this weekend to see if one cylinder shows a problem. if not the injectors are coming out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts