Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so currently i have a EDGE CTS with the dash mount and boy does it suck.

The metal tabs that came with it does not hold it in place what so ever.

I need some other option on how to mount this.

I like the idea of a single gauge pillar mount and purchase the adapter to mount the cts in a gauge pod. however are there other ways to mount this even if i have to modify a mount that is made for somethign else.

If you have pictures of your CTS let me see them!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
has anyone use the Bully Dog Custom A-pillar mount (31302) that is meant for PMT, GT Gas, GT Diesel, WatchDogs and Also fits H&S Black Maxx & Mini Maxx.

i know for the The GT, Watchdog & Mini Maxx require the addition of the Pod Mount Adapter. Bully Dog Custom 2 1/16" Gauge Pod Mount (30420)

theoreitcally couldnt i wouldnt this work if i just bought the gauge pod adapter for the cts?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
973 Posts
Here is what I did.

Under the CTS I have made a piece that fills the hole and has 2 USB ports for charging phones, I just dont have it installed in these pictures

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pics are kind of hard to see. Where you have it looks like that's where my 4wd switch is.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes, I moved the 4X4 switch over to the left of the 12V power outlet

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you look close on the second picture, you can see it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the bk adapter headliner mount. I couldn't get the pic to load but it is in my gallery. I swapped out the Velcro for the 3m fastner and have had no issues

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Have any pics of your setup?

I have the dash pod but getting the pod to look like its suppose to be there well that's the issue. How did you get yours to look that nice?
I set the pod where I wanted it then before I velcro'd the Edge in place,
I put a screw straight thru the back of the pod into the A pillar ...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine is a CS in a pillar mount that I painted to match my dash. You can do this with a CTS also, but you need the adapter and need to notch a little out of the door side of the mount to run the wire.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is a CS in a pillar mount that I painted to match my dash. You can do this with a CTS also, but you need the adapter and need to notch a little out of the door side of the mount to run the wire.

So the cts will fit in this pod with the adapter? I was looking at this one but wasn't sure of it would fit or not as I haven't seen any pics of one mounted in it. How did you mount it?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also seeing how you guys have painted your pods to match the dash what brand/color paint do I need to get in order to match the dash of a 04 KR?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Basically I took off the a pillar, removed the grab handle, ran the wire up, then reassembled. The pod kind of clips on at the bottom and then gets pinched on at the top by the handle. I used paint by ISSpro. I would look into colorbond and diesel manor for paint that matches. You can find your interior color code on your driver door post. Here is a link to another member that did a CTS on Pillar

Reactions: 04KR

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's mine.

[URL=http://s927.photobucket.com/user/kirksumida/media/20130716_203221_zps00860360.jpg.html]

[IMG]http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad119/kirksumida/20130716_203221_zps00860360.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that looks good! i think i may go with that

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have mine mounted in the driver side glovebox. Still have room for my phone next to it and it still closes with it in there

·
california deplorable
11,410 Posts
I have not done anything fancy with mine yet just the suction cup to the windshield I have a tripilar pod I am going to mount and then figure what to do with the cts,
I did however have to paint my pod mount and I got color match from pep boys and it is a perfect match to my 04 interior :thumb:
just fyi
I still need better gauges than came with my pilar but ...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts