Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently purchased a dpf/cat delete pipe from rudys performance parts. I already had the sct livewire. When i try to download the dpf delete tune, it doesnt work. What do i need to do now? It says on Rudy's that i have to sign a waiver, but they never mentioned it when i bought it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I go to SCT Device Updater and click on transfer file to device, a box appears that says...Error Serial Number verification failed. There is a step in the 6.4 off road upgrade that has not been completed. Please verify with your dealer that the waiver has been signed, payment has been processed, and the serial number has been sent to sct for the upgrade.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When installing a dpf/cat delete do you have to purchase a different tune from an SCT dealer or just download a different tune from SCT?

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
not 100% sure man, I'd call Rudy's. I know you have to sign a delete form and return it to any vendor that sells delete equipment.

·
Banned
337 Posts
the waiver makes the fact that your using the tuner for offroad use only. It gets the company off the hook with the EPA.

·
Registered
133 Posts
whats the purpose in the the waiver? I've already recieved my pipe

the pipe won't work without the tune (will go into constant regen), and the tune won't work (be authorized) until you sign the waiver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts