Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2000 7.3 broke down about a year ago and I replaced the ipr valve,cps,idm and sent my pcm off the have it test and it tested good then replaced the hpop and it fixed it and ran great for 3 days now it’s got a rough idle and huge loss of power and its throwing the p0603 and p1211 code. Just looking for some help on what could be causing it to run like this?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
So my 2000 7.3 broke down about a year ago and I replaced the ipr valve,cps,idm and sent my pcm off the have it test and it tested good then replaced the hpop and it fixed it and ran great for 3 days now it’s got a rough idle and huge loss of power and its throwing the p0603 and p1211 code. Just looking for some help on what could be causing it to run like this?

OK, let's get some more info here ;)

How many miles on the engine?

What are you using to retrieve codes?

Any Mods? Tuning?

It looks like you've been Throwing Parts at this so far, not a good plan...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
p0603 is "kam error" on the PCM, often comes up if the PCM is chipped or flashed, ignore this code.

p1211 is "injection pressure hi/low" which is related to your high pressure oil. Unplug the ICP sensor on the drivers head and see if it runs any better. Is there oil in the connection at the sensor? If so it has failed.

Also you can check the IPR nut holding the solenoid in place...it should be snug.

Sometimes a p1211 can be thrown when there is low fuel pressure....has the regulator on the fuel bowl ever been cleaned? In-tank screens ever been cleaned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Any Mods? Tuning?

It’s got 120,000 miles and has a ts 6 position chip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
p0603 is "kam error" on the PCM, often comes up if the PCM is chipped or flashed, ignore this code.

p1211 is "injection pressure hi/low" which is related to your high pressure oil. Unplug the ICP sensor on the drivers head and see if it runs any better. Is there oil in the connection at the sensor? If so it has failed.

Also you can check the IPR nut holding the solenoid in place...it should be snug.

Sometimes a p1211 can be thrown when there is low fuel pressure....has the regulator on the fuel bowl ever been cleaned? In-tank screens ever been cleaned?
I’ve checked the icp sensor and there was no oil on it or in it. Not to my knowledge none of it’s been cleaned

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
You have cleared the codes? need to see current codes

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I’ve checked the icp sensor and there was no oil on it or in it. Not to my knowledge none of it’s been cleaned
Did you leave the ICP unplugged and tried starting and driving the truck?

Is the IPR nut snug against the solenoid?

Fuel regulator ever been rebuilt? Screens in tank ever been cleaned?

Engine oil full?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts

Any Mods? Tuning?

This is too important to just "skip past"....

The Vast Majority of scanners Can NOT properly scan our trucks so, in order to know you got a Complete code retrieval, we need to know you're not using something that isn't doing the job :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts