Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Excursion XLT 2wd 7.3 diesel with 120000 easy miles on it.I put a set of ranchos and a new set of rivos at 67000 miles.I m getting ready to replace both shocks and tires and was wondering if anyone can help me with a package that will give me a good ride and occasional tailor tow of 3000 lbs or so.Any help from a vendor or member would be greatly appreciated.I ll prob do some suspension PM too so fire away with what I ll need.....thanks Richard

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bump, bringing the post back! I have been thinking the same thing about my 04. It has a 3" Fabtech lift with their shocks and they are done. The poly eyelet bushings are even ate out. Time for new shocks and was thinking about some of the Procomps or some of the newer Bilsteens with gray body, black boots. The guy at the 4wd shop suggested the Bilsteins, which I know are good shocks for perfomance, but wasn't sure about lifted trucks of 3/4 tons. Any other suggestions? No Ranchos, though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get the Bilsteins I run them on mine with 8" of lift and they ride nice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I would go with some Monroe Reflex's there pretty reasonably prices and they do provide as harsh of a ride as the Rancho's . I had a set on my duramax and sold a bunch of them when I worked at Napa.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Get the Bilsteins I run them on mine with 8" of lift and they ride nice
Well, according to a local shop (ORW) I cannot get Bilsteins because they don't make any for the Fabtech lift I have. I can get Fabtech shocks that are direct fit. The conversion number from Fabtech in a Bilstein is valved for a Ranger front and F250 rear. Not going to work... I guess I need to do some more research. :confused:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bull the shop just doesn't want to sell Bilsteins. You don't want a fabtech lift if your looking for the best ride quality.
YEah, i know but I am stuck with the Fabtech lift. I found another shop who can contact Bilstein directly and found the perfectly valved shock for my Ex/lift. They are $82 each, but should be well worth it.

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Well, according to a local shop (ORW) I cannot get Bilsteins because they don't make any for the Fabtech lift I have. I can get Fabtech shocks that are direct fit. The conversion number from Fabtech in a Bilstein is valved for a Ranger front and F250 rear. Not going to work... I guess I need to do some more research. :confused:
hahaha... wow yah dont go back there.... you can get bilsteins for your truck... unfortunately with a stock height truck you can only get the ugly yellow ones.... but they still work the same...

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
339 Posts
hahaha... wow yah dont go back there.... you can get bilsteins for your truck... unfortunately with a stock height truck you can only get the ugly yellow ones.... but they still work the same...

-Raul
Agreed. That place is dead to me!

I got the Bilsteins on the truck today. 5100's valved correctly, and WOW... New truck! The handling is great, very smooth ride, even over some curb-style speed bumps we have here. I love them! Thanks for all the suggestions, answers, and support. :woot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts