Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help: sct couldn't help me. I traded my 06 (confirmed unmarried by me and sct) for an 11 two weeks ago, removed livewire and moved to 11. When I try to program I get a 110d8 download failure. Sct tried everything remotely and then I sent my livewire to them. They said they programmed several in house pcms with no problem and sent it back. Arrived today and same issue, they say problem is with my truck. It will take a custom stock tune they made but not a box tune. Returns to stock fine. Something else that is weird is when I try to program I get only stock and performance under transmission. No tow or street. Any ideas ?

·
Bump To Pass!!
11,891 Posts
Sounds like the 11 was tuned at one point and there is a tracer on it. It might need to be factory flashed by the dealer or someone with an IDS. Then I would try the SCT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mini Maxx worked with no issues, don't think the problem was with my truck as SCT told me. I think there was a problem with the stock tuned and maybe my strategy or something like that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am disappointed that SCT couldn't figure out the issue since I already owned it and would only have money tied up in the custom tunes I would need to delete but holy crap I love the change on the fly with the mini maxx. It was such a smooth and easy program with the mini maxx that I thought I still needed to complete some more steps. The sct was so slow to program and had to reprogram every time is switch between tunes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts