Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I recently bought an 05 6.0l and have been having some engine issues. The truck seems to start kinda rough and has a slight miss every once and a while. It also has recently started to smoke when the truck is cold. Once the truck has warmed up the smoke seems to disappear and the truck seams to run a better. The truck doesn't burn any oil and has no blow by. Seems like un burnt diesel out of exhaust. Still seems as if the truck doesn't have the power that it should when its under load. The throttle response isn't the greatest either. When you put your foot into it the truck takes 3-4 seconds before it will take off. The truck has the following upgrades: Egr delete, arp head studs, remanufactured turbo, new FICM, and a few other. Have already checked the the FICM for proper voltage and it checks out. Have also have checked the ICP sensor and it is clean. The truck isn't throwing any codes either. Ideas?
Cheers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like injector stiction. You have one or more not working right cold.

What are you running for oil? Run a 5w40 synthetic and add some revx to your next change and see if that helps. If not, you will need to replace.

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts
Sounds like injector stiction. You have one or more not working right cold.

What are you running for oil? Run a 5w40 synthetic and add some revx to your next change and see if that helps. If not, you will need to replace.
Yup, what he said.^^^

Try some Rotella T6 and throw two bottles of Rev-X in and see what happens. I would do an oil change and use a Motorcraft or Racor filter and also change the fuel filters with one of the brands I mentioned while you're at it.

There are some really good threads here about siction and some ways to fix it, search it and if you need help finding them then let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts