Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wd 03 f250.
If i buy 33x12.5/16 wheels will they fit on my wheel?

I dont understand how the 12.5 will work with the 7 in wide wheel?

:dunno:

I just bought the lift so i need to know!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I doubt the wheel is 7" wide,

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
If your wheels are factory, then they're a 16x7. That actual rim width may not measure exactly 7 inches, but in regards to the approved rim widths listed by the manufacturer, it is a 7 inch rim. PRETTY sure a 7inch rim is not an approved width for a 12.50 tire.

·
Registered
937 Posts
wow i cant believe its that narrow, i would have to agree that 12.50 is prob a bit to wide

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
wow i cant believe its that narrow, i would have to agree that 12.50 is prob a bit to wide
It probably actually measures between 7 1/2 - 8 inches. My "16x8" Pro Comps measure about 8 3/4s, but they're considered and 8in wheel.

·
Registered
937 Posts
yea my old 20x10 measured 21x11 its because of the bead

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good lookin truck hypersnyper. How far do your wheels stick out past the fender? I was looking at some 20 x 12 rims but wasnt sure how far they would stick out.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Good lookin truck hypersnyper. How far do your wheels stick out past the fender? I was looking at some 20 x 12 rims but wasnt sure how far they would stick out.
Thanks

They stick out 5" past the fender, here is the only front shot i have so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
i run 315's on stock rims so yeah they'll fit
Never said you couldn't get them on there. It's just questionable in the safety department. Also if you have issues, your warranty could be void because you are not running an approved rim width. Look at online tires stores, or look at manufacturer websites. None show a 7 inch rim is recommended for a 315/75/R16.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Never said you couldn't get them on there. It's just questionable in the safety department. Also if you have issues, your warranty could be void because you are not running an approved rim width. Look at online tires stores, or look at manufacturer websites. None show a 7 inch rim is recommended for a 315/75/R16.
indeed jake, recommended min width for 12.5 tire is 8 (or 8.5) because i went through all this about a year ago myself. btw when you gonna be home?

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
indeed jake, recommended min width for 12.5 tire is 8 (or 8.5) because i went through all this about a year ago myself. btw when you gonna be home?
Hopefully by the end of the month. If not, shortly after.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts